Do you need a Gas Safety certificate for your property?
The law requires landlords to have their gas appliances checked every 12 months.
Gas Safety inspections & landlord Gas Safety certificates.
Advanced Gas Services take gas safety seriously and all of our Gas Safe registered engineers are qualified to undertake gas safety inspections. In 1996 the government passed a law that requires all Landlords, who rent either part or all of a property, to have all household gas appliances and pipes checked every 12 months with a landlord gas safety certificate to this effect.
What does a landlord Gas Safety inspection include?
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- We will Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible
For guidance visit the HSE and download A Guide to Landlords duties: Gas Safety (Installation and Use).
For advice and a free fixed price, no obligation quotation please contact us.
All our engineers are fully Gas Safe registered. If you would like to find out more about Gas Safe Register you can call 0800 408 5500 or visit the Gas Safe Register website .